Mobility of Collections Scheme
10 Mar 2021
The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media have announced details of the Mobility of Collections Scheme. Deadline for applications is 23 April 2021.
The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media operates a Mobility of Collections Scheme to support greater regional and local access to material held in the National Collections. As it is not possible for the National Cultural Institutions to display their full collection at any one time, the purpose of this scheme is to:
- assist in putting items from the National Collections on display to the public on a greater and wider basis
- facilitate the display of pieces from the National Collections with specific local and regional interest direct to those communities
- facilitate the display of cultural artefacts and relating exhibitions outside urban centres into rural areas
Types of projects which are considered under the scheme are as follows:
- funding the costs associated with the transport of pieces from the National Collections to/from a regional/local Institution
- funding the cost of insuring pieces from the National Collection whilst being transported to/from a regional/local institution
- funding the costs of the exhibition of pieces from the National Collections in regional/ local institutions
Details of this year’s scheme can be found here.