Fáilte Ireland: Digital that Delivers
31 Aug 2021
Fáilte Ireland’s Digital that Delivers programme will be implemented by Fáilte Ireland over the next 3-5 years, with the aim to support and promote the development of a more resilient and competitive visitor experiences sector, sustaining Ireland as a high-quality and competitive tourism destination.
Digital that Delivers sees Fáilte Ireland partnering with visitor experiences, accommodation providers, free things to see and do to provide practical, technical and financial support to enable them to:
- Develop bookable experiences if they do not currently have an experience that is bookable - both paid & non-paid.
- Activate connected online booking systems, capable of accepting direct bookings on own website and traditional channels as well as distributing their product to third party channels like tour operators, destination management companies or online travel agents.
- Drive operational efficiencies through new technologies
- Enhance their own websites and digital marketing content to drive consideration and conversion for their product offering and focus on a destination first sell.
- Improve digital capabilities of business owners/staff to utilise the functionality of ‘connected’ booking systems to enhance and streamline the management of inventory, staff, equipment, marketing, communications, invoicing, reporting, and other businesses processes.
- Evaluate and optimise their digital channel performance
These interventions will ensure that Ireland becomes more attractive as a destination against intense international competition, drives more visitors to all regions of Ireland and will support businesses in lowering their operating costs, increasing their yield per visitors and ultimately becoming more sustainable into the future.
Who can apply?
In Year 1 of the Digital the Delivers project, the interventions are being targeted at ‘visitor experiences’. As defined in Fáilte Ireland’s National Online Distribution Strategy (NODS), the term ‘visitor experiences’ refers to a category of travel product that includes attractions, activities, and day tours.
ATTRACTIONS: Places that offer visitors interesting things to see or do and that are subject admission fees or other conditions of entry. Includes:
- Museums, galleries, and other cultural attractions
- Castles, cathedrals, and other heritage attractions
- National parks, gardens, zoos, or other outdoor and natural attractions