Culture Moves Europe: second call for residency hosts
31 Oct 2023
The residency action supports legal entities that are registered and based in one of the 40 Creative Europe countries. It supports them to welcome up to 5 international artists and cultural professionals for a residency project lasting between 22 and 300 days.
The participants must be at least 18 years old and legal residents of other Creative Europe countries. The grant contributes to the costs of inviting and hosting international artists and cultural professionals.
The second call for residency hosts provides financial support to organisations and artists registered as legal entities working in the sectors of music, literature, architecture, cultural heritage, design and fashion design, visual arts, and performing arts. Legal entities can be non-profit organisations, non-governmental organisations, public bodies, foundations, companies, or self-employed persons, etc.
The residency project should pursue two of the following objectives:
- To explore: To conduct research, to investigate and work on a specific theme or a new concept.
- To create: To engage in a collective creative process seeking to produce a new piece of artistic/cultural work.
- To learn: To enhance the participants’ competences and skills through non-formal learning or collaboration with a specialist.
- To connect: To develop a professional network, to strengthen the participants’ professional development, to engage with new audiences.
- To transform: To contribute to societal change in line with the New European Bauhaus values and principles.
The residency grant is compiled of two parts:
- the hosting allowance, which is allocated to the host
- daily allowances, travel allowances and top-ups, which are allocated to each participant based on individual travel plans and needs
Deadline: 16 January 2024.