Culture Moves Europe Second Call for Individual Mobility
31 Oct 2023
The Individual Mobility Action supports artists and cultural professionals to carry out a project with a partner of their choice in another Creative Europe country. The call is open to individuals and groups of up to 5 people, who wish to implement projects lasting between 7 to 60 days for individuals and 7 to 21 days for the groups. The grant contributes to travel and subsistence costs, and offers additional top-ups based on grantees’ individual situation.
Artists and cultural professionals can apply with a proposal to carry out a project with a partner of their choice in a Creative Europe country which is not their country of residence.
The project should pursue two of the following goals:
- to explore: to conduct creative and artistic research, to investigate, inspire and work on a specific theme or a new concept
- to create: to engage in a creative process seeking to produce a new piece of artistic/cultural work
- to learn: to enhance the participants’ competences and skills through non-formal learning or collaboration with a specialist
- to connect: to develop a professional network, to strengthen the participants’ professional development, to engage with new audiences
The partner can be, for example, a fellow artist, an organisation or a venue in the country of destination. Applicants must provide proof of collaboration in the application process.
It is possible to apply either as an individual or as a group of up to five people.
The projects can last:
- from 7 to 60 days for individuals
- from 7 to 21 days for groups
The project duration corresponds to the number of days spent in the destination country to implement the project. The travel time is not taken into account for the grant calculation.
Please note that it is only possible to travel to one single destination and that the mobility cannot be interrupted. For group projects, all group members must be at the place of destination for the whole period project implementation.
The Call for individual mobility is a rolling call – which means that applications are evaluated, and grants awarded every month, with the second call running from 2 October 2023 to 31 May 2024.
Based on previous experience, many people wait until the last deadline to submit their applications, which leads to increased competition. Therefore, it is encouraged to send applications for earlier deadlines. The mobility project can take place any time in the 12 months after the signature of the grant agreement. However, we recommend submitting applications at least four months before the start of the mobility.