Call For Papers: Museum Ireland 2021
18 Oct 2021
The Irish Museums Association (IMA) is calling for submissions of paper abstracts for Museum Ireland 2021, Volume 28.
Deadline: Midnight, Thursday 2 December 2021.
Museum Ireland is the annual journal of the museum sector in Ireland. It disseminates museum thinking and extends a forum for critical dialogue from a range of perspectives, by providing a collection of conference-based, themed, or project-generated contributions in the field of museums. It additionally aims to serve as an educational resource and support the career development of museum and cultural heritage professionals across Ireland.
It provides an important record of the museum landscape across Ireland, which is additionally complemented by reviews of museum capital developments, exhibitions, and publications.
Each year, the journal is themed around particular topics of interest to the museum sector. In 2021, papers will be welcomed on the themes of new museum strategies; cross-border relationships post-Brexit; environmental sustainability; decolonisation; urban and local regeneration; and digital or hybrid approaches to engagement with new communities in COVID times.
Published as an online journal since 2019, Museum Ireland is provided open access, click here to view and download Volume 27, 2020 (ISSN 0961 9690). Abstracts are peer reviewed by the IMA’s publication panel. Click here to access the author's guidelines and style guide.
Submissions must be received by midnight on Thursday 2 December 2021, for the attention of editor Dr Briony Widdis, at email@example.com.
- To submit an Article proposal: Please submit abstracts of 100 words with 50-word bios (with weblinks if available).
- To submit a Review Proposal. Click here to nominate a museum development, exhibition, and/or publication. Note that these must have taken place, either in their entirety or in part, or published during 2021.
- Notification of selection by 17 December 2021.
- Submission of articles (2,000 – 4,000 words) and reviews (500 – 700 words) by 25 February 2022.
- Publication of Museum Ireland 2021: May/June 2022.
Should you have any queries, please contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.