Call for Entries - 2024 European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards
31 Aug 2023
The Call for Entries for the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2024 is now open, with the window for applications open until 23:59 CET, 13 October 2023.
The European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards were launched by the European Commission in 2002 and have been run in partnership with Europa Nostra ever since. The Awards are supported by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.
They celebrate and promote the highest standards in heritage interventions, research, and education, training and awareness-raising, as well the longstanding dedication of professionals and volunteers. The achievements recognised throughout the lifespan of the Awards scheme are a testament to the dynamic and vibrant heritage of Europe and of the dedication with which it is celebrated and cared for across the continent. In 2022, three museums were awarded for their achievements: Museum of Literature Ireland (MoLI), Dublin, Ireland, Museum of Urban Wooden Architecture, Vilnius, Lithuania, and Proto-Industrial Architecture of the Veneto in the Age of Palladio, Italy.
The five categories of entry are:
- Conservation & Adaptive Reuse - Outstanding projects aiming at the conservation, regeneration and adaptation to new uses of
cultural heritage, including cultural landscapes.
- Research - Innovative research projects which lead to tangible effects for the safeguard and enhancement of cultural heritage and/or to improve the access, enjoyment and understanding of heritage assets by communities.
- Education, Training & Skills - Exemplary projects or initiatives related to cultural heritage with the aim of fostering knowledge transfer, capacity-building and/or enhancing traditional or new skills and crafts related to heritage.
- Citizens Engagement & Awareness-raising - Outstanding heritage-led projects which foster social cohesion, inclusion, multicultural dialogue and understanding, nurture a sense of place and belonging, celebrate diversity and multiple identities as well as stimulate citizens’ engagement, ownership and civic responsibility.
- Heritage Champions - Influential and inspiring individuals or organisations whose exemplary action demonstrates an exceptional level of dedication, impact and civic engagement for the safeguard and enhancement of cultural heritage.
Up to 30 heritage achievements will be awarded, with up to 5 winners receiving a Grand Prix with a monetary award of €10,000. One winner will receive the Public Choice Award, with a monetary award of €10,000, following an online vote conducted by Europa Nostra.
Europa Nostra will host a webinar “How to prepare an application for the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2024” on Friday, 15 September 2023 from 10:00 – 11:00 CEST. Register here