Events | IMA Event
The Future of Cross-Border Cooperation in the Arts – What Next?
03 March | 10:30 - 14:30
Royal Irish Academy
Building on the 2022 ARINS report recommendations, the recent Shared Island Dialogue (Belfast, October 2022) and the announcement of Shared Island funding for both Local Authorities and a range of collaborative projects, The Future of Cross-Border Cooperation in the Arts – What Next? event brings stakeholders and the sector together to have an informed and incisive debate on the future of cross-border cooperation in the arts – what next?
Date and time: Fri, March 3, 2023, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM GMT
Location: Royal Irish Academy 19 Dawson St D2 Dublin
11.00 Welcome Prof Daniel Carey (University of Galway)
11.10 – 12.00 Panel 1: What do we need to know?
- CHAIR: Eugene Downes (Department of Foreign Affairs)
- Eve Patten (Trinity College Dublin & IRBORDCUL project)
- Angela Dorgan (First Music Contact)
- Aoife McGrath (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Victoria Durrer (University College Dublin)
- Karly Greene (ACNI)
12.00 – 12.10 Questions from the floor
12.30 – 1.20 Panel 2: What do we need to do?
- CHAIR: Steven Hadley (Trinity College Dublin)
- Jimmy Fay (Lyric Theatre Belfast)
- Cian Smyth (University of Ulster)
- Gina O'Kelly (Irish Museums Association)
- Davide Terlingo (The Arts Council)
1.20 – 1.30 Questions from the floor