Visitor Services Manager
Royal Hibernian Academy of Arts (RHA Gallery)
Applications by: 24:00, 24 March 2023
The mission of the Royal Hibernian Academy of Arts (RHA Gallery) is to foster the vital relationship between artists and the public in the enjoyment of visual art and in the support of those who make it. The RHA is based at 15 Ely Place, Dublin 2.
The RHA seeks a full-time Visitor Services Manager who will be responsible for every aspect of the day-to-day supervision and running of the RHA Front of House and Visitor Services including staff supervision, rostering, provision of gallery information, sales and stock management, and Front of House budget management. This role will commence in April 2023.
The Visitor Services Manager will work Tuesday to Saturday 9.30am to 5.30pm, by arrangement with the RHA Director.
The RHA is an equal opportunities employer.
Purpose of Job
- The RHA Visitor Services Manager is a public focused role, leading the team to deliver the best possible visitor experience, whilst supporting the day-to-day operational needs including supervision of the opening and closing processes.
- The RHA Visitor Services Manager supports the RHA in achieving visitor targets and goals through a well-motivated and engaged Front of House team.
- The RHA Visitor Services Manager will lead their team to provide exemplary standards in customer service when engaging with a visitor, processing a sale, answering queries and by providing information about the RHA, its Exhibitions and Learning Programmes.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide high levels of customer service at all times as well as assistance and advice for all visitor enquiries.
- Organising all Front of House operations and allocating responsibilities to personnel.
- Supervising, rostering, training and guiding staff towards maximum service performance.
- Co-ordinate and supervise gallery invigilators and volunteers.
- Controlling the Front of House budget to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records.
- Processing art sales, book and catalogue sales, RHA Friends memberships and course payments for the RHA School.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation by carrying out daily checks on all spaces, ensuring they are safe, secure, clean, tidy and fully functional. Ensure that high standards of presentation are being met and adhered to at all times.
- Being the first point of contact for gallery visitors and answering queries (in person, by phone / email) relating to the exhibitions, gallery events and RHA School courses.
- Event management and rostering of evening event staff.
- Ability to work flexibly, as required, including evening and additional weekend hours.
- RHA Director
- Excellent people skills with an open, friendly and confident approach and will be able to communicate effectively to achieve maximum commitment and loyalty from your team.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about raising the visitor experience.
- High standard of discipline with regards to presentation, time keeping, attendance and behaviours/conduct at work.
- Excellent team working background and leadership skills.
- Confident, resourceful and a keen visitor awareness.
- Lead by example by delivering excellent standards of customer service.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Adapts quickly and flexibly to new demands and challenges.
- Experience of creating a working environment that encourages equality, diversity and inclusion and the ability to create an inclusive, respectful culture within a team.
- Retail/hospitality management and/or sales experience desirable.
Salary: Commensurate with experience (not disclosed).
Contract: Six-month probation period followed by two-year contract.
Deadline for receipt of applications: midnight Friday 24th March.
Click Here for further information and details of the application process.