Senior Collections & House Officer - Florence Court
The National Trust
Applications by: 20 June 2021
This role of Senior Collections & House Officer is about caring for Florence Court`s important collection, having a keen eye for presentation and a passion to bring the house`s history and its stories to life for visitors, in ways that will help to create memorable experiences and encourage repeat visits to the house and it`s beautiful estate. National Trust are looking for a keen interest in both interpretation and collections care and the ability to combine the two. This is a live in `key representative` role, and the postholder will be required to live at Florence Court and share security responsibilities with one other `key representative` staff member.
Accommodation is provided to the postholder for the proper or better performance of his or her duties in accordance with Trust criteria and HMRC rules.
Salary: £24,075 p.a.
The National Trust are seeking someone who can champion fantastic collections care and practise, high standards of visitor welcome and experience, and the successful management of staff and volunteers.
As the senior lead of the House Team, you’ll manage a team, the Collections & House Officer, Collections & Service Assistants, and volunteers. You will implement preventive conservation and cleaning programmes in the house to ensure excellent standards of care, delivering strategies to improve conservation. You’ll be responsible for the daily opening and closing of the house, ensuring appropriate resources are in place to provide a consistent and excellent visitor experience.
You'll collect and accurately record information to inform our understanding of the house and the collection and use preventive conservation techniques to improve how we conserve, interpret and present the property.
You will organise and deliver engaging visitor experiences by presenting the house and collection in new and innovative ways, with particular emphasis on celebrating their conservation work. You will lead a culture of excellent customer care.
- Operational experience of collections management and care in historic environments
- Working knowledge of preventive conservation and application
- Knowledge of visitor experience principles and approaches to optimising visitor enjoyment
- People management skills, including rota planning, objective setting and conducting performance reviews Experience of working with and managing volunteers
- Good interpersonal skills enabling relationships to be built and maintained, externally and internally.
- Knowledge of health & safety and emergency procedures
Click Here for further information and details of the application process.