Chester Beatty, Dublin
Applications by: 8 December 2021
The Chester Beatty is pleased to offer an 11 month fixed term contract for a part-time Retail Assistant.
The average hours of work are 21.6 hours (gross) per week, working on a six week roster which runs over a seven day week, Monday to Sunday. Weekend, evening and public holiday attendance is an essential requirement for this position.
The duties of the post will include but are not limited to:
- providing excellent customer, visitor and sales services;
- increasing turnover through excellent service, product knowledge and proactive selling;
- fulfilling online orders and facilitating Click & Collect service;
- banking, preparing floats, cash management and accurate cash handling;
- pricing, displaying stock and processing transactions using an EPOS system;
- keeping the shop clean, neat and tidy;
- responding to customer and visitor enquiries – in relation to, for example, Giftshop items, tours, exhibitions;
- basic security;
- administrative duties;
- deputising for the Giftshop Manager, as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- A minimum of 2-3 years previous recent retail experience
- Demonstrated excellent sales skills
- Proven excellent interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills with strong financial acumen
- A high level of proficiency in the range of Microsoft Office programmes e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly effective organisation and planning skills - the ability to remain calm and focused while working under pressure
- Demonstrated flexibility, reliability and ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and on own initiative
- Available to start work in January 2022
- Sales experience in a cultural or arts organization
- An understanding of and passion for, arts, religions and the Chester Beatty collections
The salary is €25,087 per annum, pro rata, which is €11.12 per hour.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 8 December, 2021.
Click Here for further information and details of the application process.