Irish Family History Centre @ EPIC, Dublin
Applications by: 24 March 2023
Irish Family History Centre @ EPIC is seeking to appoint an Expert Genealogist.
Having opened in May 2016 the Irish Family History Centre operated by Eneclann, Ireland’s leading genealogical services provider, is currently seeking experienced applicants for the role of expert genealogist. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Genealogy Experts are an integral part of a team creating a unique experience for those seeking to discover and create their Irish family tree. This role requires expert knowledge of the Irish Genealogical sources available and delivery of excellent customer service.
The Irish Family History Centre Genealogy Experts will be involved in ensuring a smooth, efficient, professional and friendly experience for all customers. There may also be the opportunity to work with the Research Department.
- Experience in carrying out Genealogical research
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility (The centre operates 7 days per week)
- Punctuality and reliability
- Warm and friendly personality
- Have a keen interest in providing exemplary customer service
- A degree in History (with a primary focus on Irish History) or a university qualification in genealogy is required
- Ability to assist customers in discovering their family history in Ireland
- Be focused on providing exceptional levels of customer service
- Ensuring smooth management of customer numbers during peak times
- Being a proud ambassador for the Irish Family History Centre
- Display flexibility in work hours and work tasks
- Availability to work at weekends and bank holidays when rostered
- Computer and Internet literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
The successful candidate may also be required to undertake genealogical research and prepare reports on behalf of clients at the direction of the Research Manager. This research will be undertaken remotely and in relevant repositories as necessary.
If you do not meet the essential requirements as outlined in this advert, regrettably your application will not be able to be processed.
Job Type: Part-time or Full time
Salary range: Not disclosed
Application Deadline: 24th March 2023
To apply: Please send CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org