Education and Engagement Officer
Applications by: 7 July 2022
Rua Red wishes to appoint an Education and Engagement Officer to co-ordinate the Learn programme at Rua Red. The Learn programme reflects the organisation’s interests with place, politics, and people through high quality, diverse programming and by working with people of all ages, from every community. We actively seek to work in partnership with a broad range of groups and organisations and to increase awareness of what Rua Red has to offer at a local and national level.
Rua Red is seeking to recruit an energetic individual who will have a unique and exciting approach to community engagement in contemporary art practice, involving a wide and diverse range of groups and individuals.
· Devise and coordinate a programme of exciting, unique, and challenging educational events, workshops, talks, and screenings that respond and engage with different audiences across various formats
· Work closely with artists to support a programme of activities that creates new ways for people to engage with contemporary art
· Develop and support targeted initiatives for young people and underrepresented groups and communities
· Coordinate a panel of artists and facilitators (child protection training, garda vetting, scheduling, etc)
· Liaise with key community service providers and agencies
· Liaise with schools and third-level colleges, encourage and advocate for deeper engagement between education providers and the organisation
· Plan, coordinate, and facilitate public tours of the exhibitions
· Devise events and activities that respond to the community in which the organisation is located and that reflect the organisation’s interest in people, politics, and place
· Coordinate and liaise with festivals such as Cruinniú na nÓg, Bealtaine, Redline Book Festival, and Culture Night
· Facilitate work experience placements and internships
· Work collaboratively with venues, arts organisations, and artists within the South Dublin Cultural Quarter
· Produce education packs and interpretive materials
· Engage with and support ongoing monitoring, reporting, and evaluation activities
· Ensure that the vision for the organisation is understood and advocated effectively
Salary: Not disclosed
Click Here for further information and details of the application process.