Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI), Dublin
Applications by: 04 December 2023
Applications are invited for the position of DRI Director at the Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI), located at the Royal Irish Academy (RIA). This is a five-year fixed term contract.
The Director has responsibility for the DRI’s direction, leadership, management and ongoing service delivery. The Director leads the DRI’s Management Team and is responsible to the DRI Board. As an employee of the RIA, the Director reports to the RIA Executive Director.
The key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Lead the development of plans to meet the DRI’s mission and vision, providing oversight of the strategic, operational and budgetary imperatives of the DRI national research infrastructure for the humanities, social sciences and cultural heritage
- Ensure the delivery of the DRI’s key performance indicators as outlined in the Service Level Agreement with the DRI’s funders and maintain regular reporting to and communications with the funders
- Take the lead role in activities to widen the funding structure of the DRI, develop new funding sources to ensure the long-term sustainability and impact of the DRI, and secure additional funded projects that contribute to the DRI’s strategic growth
- Ensure the continued implementation of good governance at the DRI, including reporting to the DRI Board, maintaining regular contact with the Chair and nurturing good relationships and trust with board members
- Maintain strong lines of communication and consultation between the DRI partners (RIA, TCD, MU), including chairing the Management Team that provides oversight for the DRI’s key operational decisions
- Serve as Principal Investigator on several of the DRI’s research projects, ensuring that project milestones are met, and that the projects contribute positively to the DRI’s strategic priorities
- Serve on the Core Oversight Committee and Grants Oversight Committees of the National Open Research Forum (NORF) and support the work of the DRI as the coordinating organisation for the NORF
- Take a visible role in advocacy on issues central to the DRI’s mandate, and contribute to policy development at institutional, national and international levels
- Lead the development of a three-year organisational strategy for the DRI and oversee its implementation
- Keep abreast of key developments in the field, maintaining active participation in national and international fora central to the DRI’s strategic focus on digital preservation, Open Science and digital cultural heritage
- Represent the DRI to the general public, maintain effective working relationships with the DRI member institutions and stakeholders, and build new connections within the DRI’s designated communities
- Provide line management for seven direct reports at the DRI headquarters located at the RIA
- Coordinate with the DRI staff at Trinity College Dublin (TCD) and Maynooth University (MU)
Salary: SAES Scale €58,116 - €95,432.
Click Here for further information and details of the application process.