Deputy Digital Archivist
Digital Repository of Ireland
Applications by: 12:00, 29 March 2023
The Deputy Digital Archivist is a new role at the Digital Repository Ireland (DRI), responsible for providing direct assistance to depositors in preparing and uploading their collections for publication in the DRI Repository. This is a two-year fixed-term contract.
- Providing advice and expertise to depositors on DRI’s format, metadata and licensing guidelines and other policies, administering user accounts and responding to depositor queries
- Liaising with DRI’s technical team and depositors to troubleshoot ingesting of collections and facilitate efficient publication of collections.
- Cleaning of metadata relating to digitised and born digital cultural heritage and social science collections
Assisting with online and in-person training and delivering subject-specific expertise in follow-up sessions
- Working with the Digital Archivist and the technical team to review and improve publication and preservation workflows
- Participation in DRI taskforces and other working groups
- Any other duties as directed
- A relevant qualification in library, information or archival studies
- Demonstrable digital archiving working experience
- Experience or skills in one or more of the following: archives and libraries, digital preservation, digital repositories, metadata, content management and organisation, digital access and access rights
- Hands-on practical experience of one or more of the following: digital asset preparation, metadata cleaning, data and metadata format shifting and manipulation, data ingestion
- Familiarity with open-source software, command line or batch data cleaning tools used in digital preservation and archiving.
€39,195 - €51,090 per annum
Click Here for further information and details of the application process.