Dublin City Council Culture Company, Dublin
Applications by: 28 October 2020
Dublin City Council Culture Company is seeking a Collections Coordinator to help manage and care for their buildings and collections. The Collections Coordinator will use their specialist knowledge of collections care and cataloguing to manage our collections (both physical and digital) in line with our policies and professional museum standards. You will be responsible for day-to-day onsite preventative conservation duties and a project to complete the cataloguing of our holdings using Axiell Collections software.
Duties will include:
- Regular condition checks of the buildings and collections.
- Environmental monitoring and Integrated Pest Management.
- Planning and delivery of the project to catalogue our collections using Axiell Collections software.
- Organisation and maintenance of the documentation of both physical and digital collections.
- Organisation and maintenance of storage facilities.
- Occasional in situ preventative conservation treatment of objects, including any associated documentation and photography.
- Procurement of specialist conservation services and equipment as required.
- Training team members in conservation cleaning and other collection care duties.
- Dealing with ad hoc enquiries (from both the team and the public) regarding our collections, collection policy and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with company strategy and MSPI accreditation standards (which will include developing and monitoring policies).
- Providing specialist advice to feed into the development of company programmes.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- A professional qualification in conservation, collections care, archiving or similar.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills (including experience with Axiell and G-Suite ideally) or equivalent experience demonstrating the ability to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions.
- Ability to plan, organise and lead a project, to work independently, and to work to deadlines, with occasional flexibility around working hours.
- Post Title: Collections Coordinator, Dublin City Council Culture Company
- Post Status: Fixed Term Contract (3 to 5 days per week, as agreed) for 3 years, 6-month probationary period.
- Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
- Reports to: Engagement Research Lead, Dublin City Council Culture Company. Key relationships: Venue teams at 14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks, financial administration team, programming teams.
- Salary: Full or part time position as described above. Salary of €31,200 on offer for full time position. Part time salary will be on a pro rata basis.
- Pension: A contribution of 10% of salary will be made to an agreed pension Savings scheme subject to the individual contributing a similar percentage.
Click Here for further information and details of the application process.