ICRI Education Bursary
12 Mar 2020
Students who wish to embark on a career in conservation may apply for an ICRI (Institute of Conservators-Restorers of Ireland) Education Bursary. Given the limited funding available, the Institute’s policy on funding education bursaries focuses on studies to Masters level only. It will prioritise conservation specialisms that are under-represented in Ireland. It regrets that it cannot fund those studying at PhD level.
The deadline for receipt of applications for the forthcoming academic year is the 30th June.
- Applicants must be either born on the island of Ireland and/or be long term residents (min. 5 years) of the island of Ireland. Proof of identification and proof of residency will be requested.
- Applicants must be a member of the Institute prior to submitting an application. The deadline for student membership in order to submit an application is the 1st of June. Board meetings dates are listed on the ICRI website.
- Applicants must submit an application letter together with an up to date CV. Applications must include a full breakdown of costs (fees, accommodation, travel expenses, materials). Please also complete and return a Data Consent Form.
- A letter from the relevant institution, confirming the offer of a place, should accompany the application. In the case of second year students, this should be accompanied by a letter from the course tutor confirming successful completion of the previous year.
- Bursaries will be awarded to students wishing to undertake a recognised conservation/education course. The Board will consider all applications; where necessary further information may be requested.
- In the event of multiple applications priority may be given to certain specialisms identified to address a deficit in sectoral training.
- The amount of money awarded to each student is dependent on the funds available.
- Bursary recipients must submit a brief illustrated report on completion of training to ICRI. The content of this report may be published by ICRI to promote the Institute's activities.
- Applications should be sent to the ICRI Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: By applying for an ICRI Education bursary, the applicant agrees that the information submitted is truthful and that they have read, understand and agree to abide by the Application Criteria. Failure to comply will result in withdrawal of any award and may result in loss of membership of ICRI.
The award of an education bursary is made at the discretion of the Board and all decisions are final.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible.
For further information, see https://www.icriconservation.i...