The Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs operates a Mobility of Collections Scheme to support greater regional and local access to material held in the National Collections. Deadline: 12 noon, 21 July 2017.
As it is not possible for the National Cultural Institutions to display their full collection at any one time, the purpose of this scheme is to:
- Assist in putting items from the National Collections on display to the public on a greater and wider basis;
- Facilitate the display of pieces from the National Collections with specific local and regional interest direct to those communities; and
- Facilitate the display of cultural artefacts and relating exhibitions outside urban centres into rural areas.
Types of projects which are considered under the scheme are as follows:
- Funding the costs associated with the transport of pieces from the National Collections to/from a regional/local Institution; or/and
- Funding the cost of insuring pieces from the National Collection whilst being transported to/from a regional/local institution; or/and
- Funding the costs of the exhibition of pieces from the National Collections in regional/ local institutions.
Details of this year’s scheme can be found here.