Jimmy Deenihan TD, Mminister for Arts, Heritage and The Gaeltacht, together with Dr Olive Braiden, Chair of the Board of the National Gallery of Ireland, has announced that a multi-million euro refurbishment of the National Gallery of Ireland will be completed over the next three years.
The announcement on 24 January 2013 will mean:
- A comprehensive refurbishment of the historic core of the National Gallery - the Dargan and Milltown wings
- The installation of 21st century climate, heating, fire suppression, electrical, lighting and security systems
- The reopening of Victorian features and spaces within the building previously unseen by the public
- The conversion of spaces between the wings for public use and as exhibition spaces to include the provision of a sculpture court
- The protection and preservation of the building itself
Click here for full details