The Committee of the Museums Computer Group has announced that their annual conference Museums on the Web - UKMW12 - will be held at the Wellcome Collection in London on Friday 30th November 2012.
The theme for UKMW12 is ‘strategically digital'. The conference will be an opportunity to take a step back from the everyday and think strategically about the impact of the digital revolution on your museum and on the sector as a whole. As always, UK Museums on the Web is a day for being inspired by the latest ideas, for learning from case studies grounded in organisations like yours, and for networking with other technologists, curators, managers, learning and marketing specialists in the museum and heritage sector.
The Committee is interested in proposals on topics such as:
* Digitally enabling the modern museum and its staff;
* Sustaining the digital agenda and the realities of digital strategies and organisational change;
* The complexities of digital engagement and the impact of social media on audience expectations;
* Relevant case studies that situate digital projects within organisational strategic objectives, or papers that draw actionable lessons from an overview of the national and international heritage sector.
If you would like to propose a paper for one of these themes, please click here to email the Museums Computer Group by 12 October 2012 with the following information:
* Your name
* The organisation you work for (if applicable)
* The title of your paper
* A 200-word summary of what your paper will cover
* How your paper relates to the themeLinks to any online videos, slides or reports from previous talks that give a sense of your presentation style
* Have you given this paper or talked about this project at a previous conference? If so, which conference and when?
The UKMW12 Programme Committee will aim to make a decision on the Programme by 19 October 2012.
Click here for more information on the Museums Computer Group
Should you have any questions or comments regarding the call for papers, click here to email them or use twitter (@ukmcg)