The Meet and Code project is offering 25 grants of €500 eachto host digital and coding events of all kinds during the EU Code Week (6-21 October 2018). Meet and Code is a new project which aims to introduce children and young people aged eight to 24 to the world of technology and coding.
To apply for these grants you must:
• Be a registered charity
• Your event must take place during the EU Code Week (6-21 October 2018)
• Your event must revolve around the theme of programming (coding, robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) etc.)
• Your event must engage with at least 20 children and/or young people aged between eight and 24
• Your Meet and Code event must be free to attend.
How to apply
Applying is easy, just follow these four steps:
1. Register your organisation on the Meet and Code website
2. Submit your planned event
3. Wait for your application to be approved and receive your grant
4. Host your event.
Applications are now open.
When you apply for the grant you will be given an opportunity to enter your event in the European Meet and Code Awards.
Two events from each category will go on to represent Ireland at the European Awards ceremony in Germany. The winner of the Awards will be presented with a prize of €2,500 for the winning charity.
Please submit your application before the deadline of Wednesday 15 September and share this information with other charities in your community.
This programme is run across Europe by TechSoup. The Wheel is the partner for Ireland.
Click here for further information and details of the application process.