IMMA, the Irish Museum of Modern Art, is seeking to appoint a permanent Security Team Facilitator. Salary: Mediator/ Security Grade (PPC effective from 01st October 2018) €29,879 to €40,353. The closing date for receipt of applications is 19 December 2018.
Job Reference: 2018 SEC/9
Reports To: Head of Fire & Security
Location: IMMA, Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin 8
• Permanent Post
• Roster - 6/4/6/4. 40 Hours Average over rolling 4 week period. This role will involve working weekends and out of hours work.
• Mediator/ Security Grade (PPC effective from 01st October 2018) €29,879 to €40,353. Candidates should note the Irish Museum of Modern Art complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and guidelines on Public Sector pay and conditions of employment and entry level will be at Point 1 of this Grade.
Purpose of the Role:
• To provide a safe working environment for staff and visiting public to the Irish Museum of Modern Art, its' galleries, exhibitions, programmes and events.
• To ensure that the museum, its property, assets and environs are kept secure to provide a safe environment for all visitors, clients, contractors and employees through due diligence, patrols of all environs, monitoring and operation of alarm & fire systems.
• To maintain a professional approach to all aspects of the position and ensure that the museum and its environs comply with the regulations as set down by Fire Legislation, Health and Safety at Work Act and relevant legislation that may govern their dealings with visitors within IMMA.
To follow all Security Standard Operating Procedures in relation to:
• Providing a visible and active Security presence in the Museum
• Assisting with CCTV surveillance
• Monitor and maintain the flow of visitors to the galleries ensuring adherence to Fire Safety Policies
• Ensure visitors adhere to the policies of the museum and enforce these appropriately
• Identifying or reporting of hazards, incidents or accidents to the Security Supervisor
• Assist with Emergency Evacuation Plans and Fire Drills
• Provide Security at Museum Events as Required
• Oversee the movements of works of art as required by the museum
Key Result Areas
• Safeguarding the museums property from Theft and Damage at all times and ensure that the museums regulations in respect of public safety and the security of its property are carried out at all times.
• Safeguarding the museum staff and visitors from Fire Risk and Emergency Incidents
Public Engagement & Communication
• To ensure a positive representation of the Museum and enhance customer experience at all times
The following are the key skills and personal competencies required for the role:
Essential Skills & Experience
• Candidates should hold or be willing to obtain the Door Supervisor (licensed premises) licence and or the Security Guard (static) licence issued by the PSA
• Previous and Demonstrated Experience of Working in a Customer Facing Environment in a Security Role (Min 1 Year)
• Experience of working in a multifunctional control room including operation of security management systems, Endura multicast CCTV systems, asset protection systems, integrated fire and security management software and access control systems and protocols.
• Demonstrate an extensive working knowledge of emergency fire procedures and be capable of operating all emergency fire-fighting equipment throughout the building and complex including lift evacuation.
• Demonstrated Fluency in English language - written and verbal
• Be capable of maintaining a physical security presence and delivering associated duties for IMMA exhibitions and programmed events held at the Museum or other locations that may be utilised temporarily for IMMA Arts programmes.
• Be capable of assisting in the physical evacuation and subsequent security of the museum in the event of fire evacuation or any other emergency that may affect the operation of the museum.
• Ability to meet the additional physical requirements of the role which may involve: Standing for long periods; Running; Lifting.
• Interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
• Effective written and oral communication including capability to report verbally, through email and complete of relevant reports, all incidents, accidents, potential problems or causes of concern in a manner that is clear and concise.
• Capable of using own initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
• Ability to read, understand and follow Museum standard operating procedures.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure in a crisis situation and to multi-task.
• Experienced User of ICT systems.
• Maintain the highest standards of Personal Presentation and be Punctual.
• Ability to demonstrate and maintain the highest professional and ethical standards.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to understand and support a positive attitude to Diversity in the Workplace.
Note: This job description is a guide to broad areas of responsibility and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing. The job description may be reviewed in the light of new structures and / or the changing needs of the Museum.
Duration: The current vacancy is a permanent full time position and is pensionable.
Hours of work: The standard working week applying to the full time hours for this position.
Pay grade & salary: The salary scale (rates effective from 1 October 2018) for the post is: Mediator/ Security Grade (PPC effective from 01st October 2018) €29,879 to €40,353 and entry will be at the first point of the scale. Candidates should note that IMMA complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform regulations and guidelines on Public Service pay and conditions of employment.
How to apply: Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter by email, outlining how they meet the required criteria to
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 19th December 2018.
IMMA is an equal opportunities employer
Please note successful candidates are required to be compliant with
IMMA's Security and Garda vetting procedures.
All qualifications of successful candidates will be verified.
Appointment will be on condition of obtaining
Two satisfactory work references.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the Right to Work in Ireland.
GDPR Privacy Statement- Recruitment Process
Purpose of Processing
IMMA conducts a competency based recruitment process to fill vacancies within the organisation. To complete this, interested individuals are asked to submit a CV and Cover Letter for assessment by the interview panel. For the successful candidate, some of the information provided will form the basis of the contract of employment (e.g. address)
Legal Basis for Processing
• Necessary for performance of a contract or to enter into such a contract
• Compliance with legal obligation (Terms of Employment Information Act)
The following shall receive your information for reasons outlined below:
HR (internal) Storing application, acknowledging responses and corresponding with applicants
HR (external Service provider) If outsourced support is sought, our outsourced HR provider may receive applications to assist with elements of administration, or to manage the entire recruitment process
Interview Panel The Interview Panel will receive your applications to conduct shortlisting and assessing applicants
Referees Applicants are asked to provide references who can be contacted to validate work records and/or comment on suitability of the applicant for the position applied for. These shall be contacted and the applicants name will need to be provided to receive the reference.
Company Doctor We will use your personal details to refer you to the company doctor if considered for appointment
Details of Data Transfers Outside the EU
This does not apply to this process.
Automated Decision Making
This does not apply to this process.
Retention Period for Data
For unsuccessful candidates, applications and correspondence shall be retained for 12 months. For successful candidates, their application will be placed on their employee file and retained during their employment and for an appropriate period thereafter.
Your GDPR Rights in Relation to this Process
Access You can request and receive access to the information requested in the process at any time.
Portability You can request and receive a copy of this data, in electronic/transferable format, at any time
Erasure You can request the data held be erased. We have outlined the anticipated retention period above.
Rectification You can have any incorrect information, due to this being updated or otherwise, to be corrected.
Objection You can object to this information being processed
Complain You can make a complaint to our internal Data Protection Officer (contact details outlined below) and/or make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority - Data Protection Commission in Ireland.
Name: Data Protection Officer