IMMA (Irish Museum of Modern Art) is seeking to appoint a full-time Facilitator, Visitor Engagement Team. Salary is in line with Mediator Public Information Grade (PPC) €29,879-€40,353, entry level will be at Point 1 of this Grade. The deadline for receipt of applications is 11 December 2018.
- To actively contribute to the delivery of an internationally recognised Visitor Experience that creates engaging opportunities for audiences of all ages to interact with IMMA, in conjunction with the Head of Audiences and Development.
- To work with the Engagement and Learning team to research, plan, facilitate and deliver programmes, working to IMMA's Engagement and Learning Department's priorities and objectives.
- To provide a safe environment for all visitors and employees through due diligence and ensuring that the museum, its property, assets and environs are kept secure under the direction of the Head of Security and Facilities
Skills and Experience Required
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• Qualification in and knowledge of the visual arts, museum education or related fields
• Must enjoy working as part of a friendly and interpersonal team
Hours of Work
Your normal hours of work will be from 9.15am - 5.30pm Tuesday to Saturday. Sunday and Bank Holiday hours will be from 11.30 am to 5.30pm or as determined by management in light of the needs of the Museum.
Candidate Instructions and Application Process
Note: The full job description is a guide to broad areas of responsibility and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing. The job description may be reviewed in the light of new structures and / or the changing needs of the Museum.
Pay grade & salary: The salary scale (rates effective from 1st October 2018) for the post is: €29,879; €31,864;€33,517; €35,470; €37,830; €40,353 pro rated and entry will be at the first point of the scale. Candidates should note that IMMA complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform regulations and guidelines on Public Service pay and conditions of employment.
How to apply: Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter by email, outlining how they meet the required criteria to email@example.com
Job Ref: 2018/SEC6
IMMA is an equal opportunities employer
Please note successful candidates are required to be compliant with
IMMA's Security and Garda vetting procedures.
All qualifications of successful candidates will be verified.
Appointment will be on condition of obtaining
Two satisfactory work references.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the Right to Work in Ireland.
Full Role Profile will be available from www.imma.ie from Wednesday 28th November 2018