The National Museum of Ireland is seeking applications from suitable candidates to fill the post of Marketing Executive based at the Museum of Country Life. This is a six months fixed term contract (maternity leave cover). The salary will be the 1st Point of the Executive Officer PPC Scale €29,316.00 (Pay Restoration October 2018). Applications must be received no later than 17:00, Friday, 19 October 2018.
The post-holder will be based in the National Museum of Ireland - Country Life, Turlough Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.The position will entail travel to other sites of the National Museum of Ireland as required on occasion.
The post-holder will report to the Head of Marketing in relation to the wider marketing the National Museum of Ireland and to the Manager Keeper of the Museum of Country Life in all matters relating to the marketing of the Museum of Country Life.
The purpose of this Marketing Executive role is two-fold:
1. To contribute to the promotion of the National Museum of Ireland as a whole
2. To specifically promote the Museum of Country Life as part of the overall National Museum of Ireland and marketing strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of this role fall into the two key categories listed above and can be itemised as follows:
1. Promotion of the National Museum of Ireland
• Working as part of Museum's Marketing Team in the strategic development and awareness of the National Museum of Ireland as one of the country's main cultural and educational institutions.
• Developing increased awareness and recognition amongst target markets and segments of the National Museum as a multi-sited cultural institution.
• Providing support and sometimes take the lead in engaging with the media on issues on a cross functional basis relating to the National Museum of Ireland.
• Branding programme: continue as part to the marketing team in implementing the NMI branding guidelines.
• Market research: participation in market research programmes across the 4 Museum sites. Implementation of market research recommendations in medium and long-term.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
2. Promotion of the Museum of Country Life
• To establish the Museum of Country Life (MCL) as a leading cultural and educational resource nationally as part of the Museum's overall marketing strategy.
• To devise and implement a marketing strategy for the MCL.
• To compile a strategic and deliverable annual marketing/business plan for the MCL.
• To manage and control the marketing budget for the MCL Marketing Plan.
• To extend the visitor base through increased marketing activity in other geographical areas - both regionally and nationally including specific target groups e.g. schools etc.
• Networking - To broaden awareness and recognition of the NMI amongst a broad variety of sectoral partners and service providers in the region/country and other relevant organisations with a view to marketing the four sites of the NMI e.g. Tourism Ireland, Fáilte Ireland, Ireland West, Western Development Commission, Moy Valley Resources, Chambers of Commerce, Marketing Institute of Ireland etc.
• To facilitate in increased revenue generation activities through active promotion of shop, café and corporate hire.
• Advertising plan: strategic advertising in various print and other media e.g. national and regional radio, special interest publications.
• Public relations plan: targeting national and regional media; weekly listings and features in local, regional and national media - both on and off line.
• Event management: develop and manage new events and programmes to replace Féile na Tuaithe as a key Museum event; organise and promote Culture Night at MCL; liaise with relevant NMI depts. in organising other possible events which will attract additional visitors to the Museum.
• Identifying potential sponsors and securing sponsorship for key events.
• To promote temporary exhibitions including organising launches and other exhibition related events.
• Signage: implement way-finding signage on-site and liaise with Mayo Co. Council in completing signage on key access routes to the Museum.
• Achieve increased awareness of the NMI and MCL measurable by attendance at key events, lectures, demonstrations etc.
• Ongoing development of key target markets e.g. Schools, tour operators, service providers, media contacts etc.
• Production of quality promotional literature aimed at pre-identified target markets.
• Joint marketing activities with other service providers to reach target markets (e.g. joint brochure with the Museums of Mayo Network, other cultural institutions etc.)
• Attendance management of Digital Marketing and Social Media Administrator.
• Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time.
• Applicants must have a third level qualification (NFQ Level 8 or above) in Marketing or other equivalent qualification acceptable to the Museum and at least 3 years' experience in marketing, budget management and brand development
• Knowledge of marketing theory and practice and understanding of strategic role of marketing
• Experience in PR project management
• Knowledge of market research processes
• Experience of event and project management
• Knowledge of media
• Strong sense of customer service
• Experience of digital marketing and social media
• Excellent IT Skills
• Good communication, report-writing and organisational skills - especially on a cross functional basis
• Budget Management
• Creative thinking, Initiative and Analytical skills
• Good decision making and judgement
• A demonstrable interest in arts, culture and heritage.
• Knowledge of the regional and national tourism industry
• Competence in the Irish language, both spoken and written.
Click here for further information and details of the application process.