IMMA (The Irish Museum of Modern Art) is seeking to apppoint two facilitators with the Visitor Engagement Team on fixed term contracts (career break covers). Mediator Public Information Grade (PPC) €29,879 - 40,353. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 17th October 2018.
One contract will run until 1st July 2020 and the other, 31 August 2020.
Candidates should note the Irish Museum of Modern Art complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and guidelines on Public Sector pay and conditions of employment and entry level will be at Point 1 of the Mediator Public Information Grade.
To actively contribute to the delivery of an internationally recognised Visitor Experience that creates engaging opportunities for audiences of all ages to interact with IMMA, in conjunction with the Head of Audiences and Development.
To work with the Engagement and Learning team to research, plan, facilitate and deliver programmes, working to IMMA's Engagement and Learning Department's priorities and objectives.
To provide a safe environment for all visitors and employees through due diligence and ensuring that the museum, its property, assets and environs are kept secure under the direction of the Head of Security and Facilities
Key Results Areas
• Actively engage with all visitors to IMMA, providing information on its galleries, exhibitions and progra
• Communicating the concept of the museum, information on current artists and exhibitions, whether as part of a tour or on an individual basis.
• Dealing with all visitors in responding positively in providing information and promoting the museum's current and forthcoming programs.
• Promotion of the museums patrons and members programs, current publications and forth coming talks and lectures when working in the galleries or Front of House
• Working with the Engagement and Learning team to prepare facilities and equipment resources needed for the Engagement and Learning programmes
• Delivery of organised tours of exhibitions and engagement and learning programmes to all visitors at a consistently high standard
• Safeguarding the museums property from theft or damage ensuring that the museums visitor guidelines are carried out at all times through effective communication and invigilation.
• Ensuring that all Galleries and exhibitions are open and ready to admit visitors on time by good time keeping and team work
• That all visitors to IMMA are treated with respect and as far as practicable have enjoyed their experience though your interaction with them.
• To be capable of communication and interaction with visitors on all levels
• To be capable of professional and polite communication with all colleagues
• Liaising with the Departments Supervisors and Curators to provide accurate mid exhibition feedback and Post Exhibition feedback of the visitor experience
• To undertake statutory and relevant training as directed by the museum. Including mandatory Child Protection Training
• To work as part of the Visitor Engagement Team on specific initiatives in association with the Engagement and Learning Team to promote access for all of IMMA's visitors
• Will be required to carry out exhibition related duties such as completion of condition reports minor exhibition maintenance and operation of audio visual exhibits as required.
• Will be capable of assisting with the museums disaster and recovery contingency plan where appropriate.
• To operate a program related point of sales as operationally required.
• To follow the museum dress code
• Undertakes to research and deliver informative and educational tours/programmes utilising resources provided by Exhibition Curators and Artists in conjunction with the Engagement and Learning Department
• Effective and enthusiastic communication of the programme to ensure the highest levels of delivery are achieved.
• Proactively contributing to IMMA's mission to provide a welcoming, informative and enjoyable experience for all visitors
• A commitment and ability to delivering public programmes and engaging with the public on the gallery floor.
• Proactive invigilation and communicative skills utilised in providing a safe and enjoyable environment
• Punctuality and reliability in working as a team player within the Public Engagement Team to deliver an exceptional visitors experience.
Skills and Experience Required
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• Qualification in and knowledge of the visual arts, museum education or related fields
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
• Experience of working in a Visitor focused environment and confident in dealing with challenging customers.
• Interest and engagement with contemporary art
• Ability in working with vulnerable groups
• Confident in asserting themselves when dealing with emergencies such as fire evacuation
• Confident and able to take responsibility when dealing with emergencies such as fire evacuation
• Empathetic and capable of understanding a range of visitor's needs. Particularly in more challenging situations.
• Must enjoy working as part of a friendly and interpersonal team
Click here for further information and details of the application process.