The Chester Beatty Library is seeking to appoint a Digital Workflow & Project Manager. This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract - Maternity Leave Cover. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 18 September, 2018.
Summary Job Purpose
In the lifetime of our current Strategic Plan 2016-2020, the Chester Beatty is committed to making the Collections available online. To support this activity the appointment of a Digital Workflow and Project Manager to provide maternity leave coverage is a key support for the new Digital department and its work developing the museums online resources and content.
The Digital Workflow and Project Manager will work closely with the Digital Department staff, Registrar, ICT Manager and curatorial staff on a day-to-day basis to support the Museum's digitisation programme, facilitate access to collections, increase online user numbers, and promote the Museum's aims, objectives and mission.
This position will hold responsibility for the management and maintenance of a number of enterprise platforms including Extensis Portfolio (image based asset management), the Goobi Workflow Management software platform, and the externally hosted Goobi Viewer online image repository software platform, both by Intranda. Additionally the Digital Workflow and Project Manager will be required to have high levels of familiarity with AdLib the organisational cataloguing and collections management system.
The Digital Workflow and Project Manager will be part of the Digital Department, support the work of the Photographic Services Assistant, two Digital Photographers, and will report to the Head of Digital.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Digital Workflow and Project Manager will:
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of Goobi digitisation workflow software and processes, including managing user rights, error management, file checking and transferring, curation of preservation files, deletion of duplicate files, and adjusting process templates as necessary
• Liaise with Digital Photographers and Photographic Services Assistant to produce photography schedules
• Liaise with Digital, Curatorial and Conservation staff on general photography scheduling
• Liaise with Registrar on mapping of content from Collections databases into the workflow
• Liaise with education, development and marketing staff on general photography scheduling
• Assist with the development of new Goobi based workflows if necessary (e.g. Conservation schedules, exhibition schedules, etc.)
• Liaise with Intranda/Goobi on changes to workflow software and viewer software if necessary
• Report to management on the digitisation programme and provide analytical information as requested
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of Extensis Portfolio DAMS including managing user rights, catalogue management, and troubleshooting
• Ensure professional non-collection images added to the image server meet Chester Beatty metadata and GDPR standards
• Support as necessary the Photographic Services Assistant and two Digital Photographers towards delivering rights and reproductions services and in-house digitisation of collection objects
• Work with the Museum's marketing and social media personnel to help the Digital Department in the creation of content for online and social media platforms
• Ensure copyright standards are adhered to in the provision of digital content
• Educated to degree level in Library/Information Science, Photography, Digital Humanities, or a related field
• A minimum of 2 years' relevant experience in the field of digital humanities, cultural heritage, museums or similar environments
• Experience with digital asset creation, editing and organisation (DAM software, Adobe Photoshop, digital workflow software)
• Experience with IT systems and software, including database systems, XML, and web-based technologies
• Experience with the technical use of museum/library metadata
• Experience adapting to a rapidly changing environment in IT
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to organise work effectively and prioritise tasks
• Team player as well as self-motivated
• An interest in and commitment to the work of the Chester Beatty
• Attention to detail is essential
• Experience of working on large scale digitisation projects
• Experience with Intranda Goobi Workflow or Viewer software platforms
• Experience with Extensis portfolio or similar image content management system
• Knowledge of the Adlib or similar Collections Management System
• Experience of digital preservation principles, tools and technologies
New Entrants outside the Irish public/civil service:
An incremental salary scale applies and all new entrants from outside the Irish public/civil service will be required to commence employment at the minimum point of the Executive Officer Grade PPC scale which is €29,026 per annum pro-rata. They will also be required to join the Single Public Service Pension Scheme.
Click here for further inforamtion and details of the application process.