The Museum of Literature Ireland is seeking to appoint a Development Manager on a Fixed term - 2 years, renewable contract. Salary: €35,000 + O.T.E. €10,000. The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm, Friday 28th September 2018
About the Museum of Literature Ireland
A partnership between UCD and the National Library, the Museum of Literature Ireland (MoLI) is a new landmark cultural institution in the heart of Ireland's capital city. Picturesquely located on the southside of St Stephen's Green, the museum draws inspiration from the work of Ireland's most famous writer James Joyce, as well as celebrating our internationally-renowned literary culture and heritage, inspiring the next generation to create, read and write. Immersive multimedia and interactive exhibitions on James Joyce and other influential Irish writers, lecture and performance spaces, temporary exhibitions, house and garden tours, a bookshop and garden-level café are set in the spectacular architectural heritage of UCD's Newman House and its beautiful green surroundings. These public facilities are seamlessly integrated into a stunning suite of refurbished seminar and reception rooms available for small group conferences, meetings and board events, making the museum a truly unique and highly attractive proposition for international visitors and locals alike.
About the Role
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic sales & marketing professional to serve as Marketing & Development Manager in the most significant new addition to Ireland's cultural
landscape. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to help build the development and marketing function of a major cultural institution from the ground up.
In a role that includes a pre-opening period of 6 months, the successful candidate will work closely with the Director in developing and implementing the museum's development, sales and marketing strategies. Negotiating patronage and sponsorship of the museum with corporate and private patrons, the Development Manager will also manage grant applications, promote the museum as a visitor destination at Tourism trade fairs, cultivate private event bookings and manage the museum's membership programme.
Academic qualifications are of secondary importance to this role - the successful candidate will have exceptional presentation and people skills, direct sales and marketing (or similar relevant) experience, (eg experience in cold-calling, sales and trade fairs, B2B selling), client management experience, be entrepreneurial and energetic in mindset and data/results driven.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of addressing groups and the media, and be comfortable acting as an ambassador for the museum, interacting with our wider constituency of visitors, patrons, members, strategic partners and current/prospective donors.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Working closely with the Director to devise and implement the development, sales and marketing strategies for the museum in advance of opening, targeting corporates, private donors, international and domestic visitors, tour operators and schools
• Fundraising for the museum's programme through prospecting, pitching and relationship building with potential sponsors, both private and corporate.
• Creating a prospect pipeline for tour operator partnerships, events and private hire opportunities through prospecting calls, emails and relationship building
• Playing a significant strategic and creative role in the development and management of a thriving membership programme for the museum
• Ensuring the proper execution of the museum's sales and marketing budget
• Leading efforts to increase visitor numbers to the museum through strategic marketing
• Working with all staff to ensure client/visitor experience are of the highest standard
• Working closely with all staff to ensure the efficient daily operation of the museum
• Direct supervision of part-time and incidental staff associated with sales/marketing/development/events
• Any other duties that the Director/Board appoint to the role
Click here for further information and application details.