VISUAL, Carlow is seeking to appoint a part-time Development Officer. This is a 2 year fixed term, 27 hours per week, contract. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, 22 May 2018.
VISUAL is an iconic arts centre in the heart of Carlow, with four world-class gallery spaces and 335-seat performance space. As Ireland's largest gallery space, VISUAL gives access to challenging and excellent contemporary art practice in a context that explores the value, richness and relevance of the arts in our lives. We are committed to providing meaningful access to contemporary artistic practice of the highest quality through our exhibitions, events and activities. Our unique scale and regional location allows for ambitious programming and wide-reaching participation opportunities with diverse audiences - local, national and international, online and in person. Our theatre space is a focal point for rich local engagement and offers access into creative and artistic activity.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the of the core team, reporting to the Financial Controller. (S)he will be responsible for the management, administration and fulfillment of VISUAL's participation in a Horizon 2020 Erasmus+ project to develop enterprise skills in Arts and Humanities graduates. Additionally the Development Officer will research, seek and administer other suitable funding and development opportunities for VISUAL.
The successful candidate will have:
• Budgetary and project management experience
• Experience of administering EU-funded projects
• Command of Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Experience of developing/administering funding applications
• An understanding of digital social media channels
The following qualities will be required:
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexibility - occasional evening and weekend work may be required
• High self-motivation and ability to take initiative
• Excellent time management and strong work ethic
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work within a team
• Familiarity with cultural/arts sector
• Familiarity with third level/enterprise sectors
• Previous research experience
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Day to day management and administration of Horizon 2020 Erasmus+ project
• Fulfilling research and dissemination targets for the project
• Liaising with European partners
• Maintaining timesheets and activities in line with project budget and timeline
• Researching further potential EU projects aligned with VISUAL's activities
• Working closely with the CEO and Artistic Director to prepare funding applications
• Carrying out research or feasibility studies relating to proposed activities
Other duties and obligations include:
• Acting as an ambassador and advocate in representing the centre
• Adhering to stated staff policies and procedures, as set down in the staff handbook
• Adhering to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
• Participating in training and development programmes/courses to maintain and improve performance and to assist in identifying self-training and support needs
• Participating and working within a performance management development system process
• Any other reasonable duties or projects that may be required in the role, as assigned by the CEO
To apply, please return your cv and a covering letter detailing why you are suited to this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Tue 22nd May. Interviews will take place Wed 30th May.
Click here to visit the VISUAL website.