The Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA) is seeking to appoint a permanent Head of Audiences and Development. Salary is point 1 of the Assistant Principal scale: €66,495 per annum. Applications by: 15 August, 2019
The mission of IMMA is to connect audiences and art and to provide a space where contemporary life and contemporary art connect, challenge and inspire.
Since it's opening in 1991 the museum has rapidly established itself as a significant and dynamic presence in the Irish and international arts arena. It is highly regarded by its peers throughout the world for the range and relevance of its exhibitions, for its innovative use of its growing collection, for its award-winning education and community programme and for its visitor-centred ethos and facilities.
The programme goes beyond the gallery space to harness the full potential of IMMA's home in the buildings and extensive 48-acre grounds of the Royal Hospital
Kilmainham (RHK), Dublin, with a programme of live performance, summer festivals, food and gardening that invites the audience into a direct interaction with creativity, and provides a space for debate, inspiration and participation.
The Head of Audiences & Development will play a leading role in the delivery of IMMA's challenging strategic aims and objectives; while leading on the development and implementation of an integrated fundraising, communications, visitor engagement and digital strategy that support the sustained growth of IMMA's audiences; online and on site.
Reporting to the newly appointed Director, s/he will have overall accountability and responsibility for both institutional and programmatic communications for the
museum; driving IMMA's engagement with its broad museum audience; and working with specific audiences that support IMMA's work including media, members and corporate, private and philanthropic funders. A key function of the role will be driving income generation, particularly fundraising and development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and inspire IMMA's Audiences & Development teams.
• Develop and lead the successful delivery of IMMA's Development Strategy, supporting the Development team to service existing corporate and private fundraising relationships effectively.
• Prepare annual plans and budgets for the development of philanthropic support.
• In collaboration with the Director and Senior Management Team, initiate a long-term sustainable development and funding plan from public and private sources including government and international grants, commercial income, corporate sponsorship, membership and major individual gifts.
• Proactively research, pursue and manage new strategic corporate partnerships in addition to managing existing partnerships.
• Ensure growth of IMMA Members and Patrons.
• Secure resources to care for and develop the national collection of modern and contemporary art.
• Capture the lead in time and build a business case around resource planning for effective capital fundraising for the new Collections and Learning Centre.
• Devise and deliver effective communications and digital strategies that support the sustained growth of IMMA's audiences; online and on site.
• Ensure efficient and effective use of development, marketing & communications budgets through close monitoring.
• Actively monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure effectiveness of marketing & communications.
• Establish partnerships and manage relationships with strategic media groups, tourist boards, festivals & other key cultural organisations.
• Maximise the potential of the new IMMA website and the IT digital capacities.
• Contribute to IMMA's commitment to deliver a positive experience for all our audiences as part of the Visitor Engagement steering committee.
This job advert is a guide to broad areas of responsibility and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing. The job description may be reviewed in the light of new structures and / or the changing needs of the Museum.
Key Criteria will Include:
• A third level qualification in a related discipline.
• Familiarity with Wordpress an advantage.
Significant experience of one or more of the following:
• Proven experience of delivering dynamic fundraising / development strategies; management of marketing & communications; proven expertise in the area of
digital marketing and digital platforms including a familiarity with content management systems.
Leadership, Direction and Team Work
• Excellent people development skills and the ability to create real and realistic goals.
• An ability to coach and support the team to maximise their talents and abilities.
• Demonstrable commitment to working collaboratively with senior management colleagues and external partners to share and achieve an ambitious vision.
• Ability to plan, develop and ensure the achievement of short, medium- and longterm priorities/goals in line with IMMA's annual budget and strategic plans.
External Relations and Fundraising
• Demonstrable ability to raise funds from public or private sources
• Proven ability to form strategic alliances, partnerships and relationships.
• Exceptional communications skills - written and verbal, with the ability to act as an ambassador and a spokesperson, for the museum.
• A proven track record of exceeding development targets through proactive partnership development
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Duration: The current vacancy is a permanent position and is pensionable.
Annual Leave: Annual leave will be 30 working days a year. This leave is based on a five-day working week and is exclusive of public holidays.
Salary: Salary scale will be in accordance with point 1 of the Assistant Principal scale (PPC), currently €66,495 per annum.Candidates should note that IMMA complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform regulations and guidelines on Public Service pay and conditions of employment.
Outside working hours: The successful candidate must be flexible and available to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends (as required).
Travel: The post may require travel across Ireland and abroad.
Click here for further information and details of the application process