The National Museum of Ireland is seeking to appoint permanent, part-time (23.5 hours per week) Visitor & Security Officers in the National Museum of Ireland / Kildare Street and Merrion Street, Dublin 2. Salary: €451.74 pro rata. The closing date for receipt of applications is 17:00, 02 July 2019.
To provide the day-to-day service to visitors and, to provide health and safety and security services at the National Museum sites.
Intended applicants should note that successful candidates will be subject to Garda Vetting and Health Clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing the visitor with information and assistance, so, as to enrich the visitor experience at NMI sites.
• Engage with Intranet and all new technologies appropriate to the role.
• Responsible for ensuring floor plans, education and other information material is available at reception and easily accessible to visitors.
• Co-operate with the Curatorial, Marketing, Education and other Museum Departments to provide a service to visiting groups that ensures the smooth running of events including the setting up of rooms and spaces for events and activities.
Health and Safety
Carryout security activities. For example
• Operate health and safety procedures and practices.
• Participate practice fire evacuations.
• Gallery fire marshal duty.
• Carryout and record safety and equipment checks.
• Be first aiders.
• Report incidents and issues to the Facilities Officer.
• Be part of the Museum's emergency response as appropriate.
Carryout security activities. For example:
• Operation the security procedures and practices e.g. dealing with security incidents.
• Operate security equipment and carryout equipment checks.
• Supervision of contractors and service providers.
• Record and report incidents.
• Record and report system/equipment faults to the Facilities Officer.
Corporate and other events
Carryout corporate event activities. For example:
• Set up the event e.g. tables, chairs, IT checks.
• Staff events.
Carry out operations activities. For example:
• Adhere operating rosters/schedules.
• Providing cover and support to members of the Visitor Services team at other NMI sites as required.
Carry out maintenance and cleaning activities. For example:
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation of the Museum's public areas.
• Prepare gallery spaces for the visiting public i.e. ensure lights, IT equipment are operating.
• Report any maintenance/cleaning issues to the Facilities Officer.
Attending staff meetings
To have an input and contribute to the development of:
• Policies, procedures and practices.
• Advise the Facilities Officer of changes to practice and procedures.
• Be informed of developments within NMI.
Training and development
• Attend and participate in all mandatory Training courses for example First Aid, Defibrillators, visitor/customer service, ICT and other training as deemed appropriate to the role.
• Experience in delivering security services and health and safety services either as a principal duty of a role or, as an element of a role.
• Experience in delivering excellent customer services working with a diverse range of customers with varied needs. Ability to anticipate customer needs and resolve customer requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both spoken and written and an ability to work as a member of a team.
• A commitment to personal development a willingness to undertake training and acquire new skills.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Be suitable on the grounds of character. Candidates are required to provide details of two referees.
• Be fully competent and available to undertake the duties attached to the position.
• Excellent IT Skills.
• Hold an ECDL certificate or equivalent.
• Experience in using security and safety or other ICT based systems.
• Experience in a Visitor Service Environment.
• Proficiency in the Irish Language.
• Experience of working in a busy reception area.
Click here for further information and detalis of the application process.