Shannon Heritage are seeking to appoint an Events Coordinator to support Newbridge House & Farm Donabate and Malahide Castle and Gardens on an initial 3 year fixed contract. Salary not advised. Deadline for applications not advised.
Shannon Heritage's mission is ‘to develop, manage and operate a commercially sustainable portfolio and related activities by providing experiences to international standards'. The company recognises the need to achieve a balance between its custodial/curatorial role and the need to operate in a commercial environment. Our vision is to be recognised as Ireland's leading operator and developer of tourist attractions, with an overall strategy to attract 1 million more visitors annually by developing compelling tourist experiences, transforming performance and growing tourism across our owned and managed sites.
Shannon Heritage DAC now wishes to enhance its team by hiring a talented, energetic and highly motivated Events Coordinator to assist in the creation and delivery of events throughout the year and to coordinative administrative activities in the delivery of these events. Although you will be based in Newbridge House and Farm in Donabate the role supports Malahide Caste and Gardens events team as required.
Newbridge House and Farm sits on a 360 acre Demesne in Donabate County Dublin and boasts an impressive Georgian Mansion and working farm specialising in rare breeds of animals and is a beautiful place to work. You will have impeccable organisational skills, be an experienced event coordinator with hands on approach, a creative mind-set & the energy & drive to deliver world class events.
- Support the management team in developing and maintaining a calendar of events
- Manage room hire bookings and follow up on leads and enquiries regarding room hires
- Liaise with event suppliers including supplier set up and issuing of purchase orders
- Cost all events and update budgets
- Create and deliver event management plans and ensure all Health & Safety documents in place
- Manage and coordinate the event on the day (may require evening or weekend work)
- Support the onsite management team in with any other general office duties as required
- Generate new innovative and immersive ideas to extend peak season with event opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all best practice and Standard Operating Procedures within the business
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role with in-house or agency events team
- Experience working in the hospitality or tourism industry desirable
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent operational planning, organising/work management skills to get through a heavy workload
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Must be willing to work evenings or weekends as required
Click here for further information and details of the application process.