IMA Annual Conference
2020 Irish Museums Association Annual Conference
Reimaging the Museum
22 - 23 February 2020, Athlone
The Irish Museums Association invites professionals across the museum and the broader cultural and related sectors to submit presentation abstracts for consideration by the advisory panel.
Submissions will respond to the theme as outlined in the brief and may include (but not limited to) the following subtopics:
- Change or be changed: What are the most urgent changes facing museums in Ireland? Conversely, what are the most ambitious changes Irish museums could pursue?
- What are the leadership and business models that we need to adopt to effect change? The role of the board and management.
- Re-examination of the definition of museum.
- Changing museum values: the rise of soft power
- Museum influencers: who inspires us and how do we inspire others?
- Are museums delivering what they promise? (wellbeing, economic regeneration, social cohesion, conservation, collecting and evaluation?)
- What are the government and funding directives coming down the line that will influence our civic institutions?
The deadline for receipt of submissions is noon, Sunday 25 August 2019 and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Gina O'Kelly.
Preferred format: Word Document
- Title of presentation
- Speaker’s biography (150 words maximum)
- Presentation abstract (200 words maximum)
- Contact details (email and telephone number)
Notification of selection will be within 10 days of the submission closing date. Selected presentations must be delivered in person. The language of the conference is English.